[OpenIndiana-discuss] funky beginer questions

Antony Brooke-Wood abrookewood at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 23:44:58 UTC 2013

My advice is to keep it simple - from what you describe, there isn't any
reason I can see to create more than 2 file systems.

One thing you might consider is setting up CrashPlan with your server.

It has a native solaris installation and for $5 a month, you can have all
of your data replicated offsite.

Combine that with ZFS and snapshots, you are looking pretty safe.

Regards,

Antony Brooke-Wood
Mobile: +61 404 460 326