[OpenIndiana-discuss] funky beginer questions

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Wed Sep 11 14:25:10 UTC 2013

Antony Brooke-Wood <abrookewood at gmail.com> writes:

> My advice is to keep it simple - from what you describe, there isn't any
> reason I can see to create more than 2 file systems.

I kind of thought that might be best, but then started noticing how
the designers of openindiana have gone fairly deep into the sets of
zfs fs, so began to wonder if it might be smart to copy that.

> One thing you might consider is setting up CrashPlan with your server.
>
> It has a native solaris installation and for $5 a month, you can have all
> of your data replicated offsite.
>
> Combine that with ZFS and snapshots, you are looking pretty safe.

Not sure I follow what you mean about 'native solaris installation'.
Is it an application you install on your server that talks to
something online?