[OpenIndiana-discuss] Anywhere to get pkg for sshfs/fuse

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Thu Sep 12 22:51:23 UTC 2013

In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Anywhere to get pkg for sshfs/fuse,...:

> There is the "Spec files Extras" repository , with info in the wiki:
> http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Spec+Files+Extra+Repository

Thanks for pointing this out.  Since I'm relatively new to OpenIndiana,
I hadn't stumbled on that yet.

I've now installed some packages from the sfe repository, but AFAICT
neither sfe nor sfe-encumbered have one package that I dearly want:
gst-plugins-ugly.  Having these plugins would allow any application that
uses gstreamer to play additional formats, including MP3s.

Since there's so many other good multimedia applications in
sfe-encumbered, is gst-plugins-ugly just an oversight?

As an aside, I had actually built my open copies of all the prereqs and
gst-plugins-ugly and packaged them with RPM and installed them under
/usr/local, but the problem is that I built everything 64 bit.  It looks
like OI ships 32 bit and 64 bit versions of most libraries and commands,
but apparently rhythmbox and totem are only shipped as 32 bit
applications.

Tim