[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI-151a8 DVD doesn't even start on TYAN S3992G3NR-E with 2 quad core opteron 2354

Marc Lobelle marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be
Fri Sep 20 08:16:27 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to install openindiana on a system with a TYAN S3992G3NR-E with 2 quad core opteron 2354
and an ARECA ARC 1212 raid controller configured in RAID with 2 1TB drives.

The installation of the live CD hangs after printing "use is subject to licence terms.

As I understand it, at that time, he does not yet use the hard disks, so even if he does not
recognise the areca controller, he should go on.

Can anybody help me?

  I used these controllers on other systems with 151a7 with the same kind of configuration and it
did work.

Thanks in advance

Marc