[OpenIndiana-discuss] Accessing smb shares from windows

Rich rercola at acm.jhu.edu
Thu Sep 26 00:25:43 UTC 2013

You don't _need_ an AD domain for it, but you probably need a method
of mapping users between your Windows host and your Solaris host.

The errors in your log say that you have guest access disabled - what
account are you attempting to use to access the shares? Is it one
local to the OI host, a Windows account, or something else entirely?

- Rich