[OpenIndiana-discuss] Accessing smb shares from windows

Robbie Crash sardonic.smiles at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 23:31:26 UTC 2013

What is the full logon name you are providing to OI? Have you attempted to
use "<OI Hostname>\reader"

I've created an account named lusr locally on one of my Windows boxes, and
on my OI server Thoth with the same password on each. When I log in to a
Windows box locally, and attempt to access my music share only entering *
lusr* I receive the following:

Sep 27 19:19:45 thoth smbsrv: [ID 138215 kern.notice] NOTICE:
smbd[THOTH\guest]: music access denied: guest disabled

However, if I instead authenticate with the username: *thoth\lusr *everything
works without issue.

Sended from my Android.