[OpenIndiana-discuss] Identical Installs but different screen Res

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri Apr 18 16:32:32 UTC 2014

Harry Putnam writes:
> I've often wondered why the console of OI has never been developed
> beyond about 1990s.  It is more primitive still than my first forays
> into linux around 1996.  The linux console has developed a good bit
> since then and can be a serious env for serious work... where as the
> OI console is a flat out pain in the keester... making the gui
> nearly a necessity.

I disagree.  What exactly are you missing in the OI text console?

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"