[OpenIndiana-discuss] 10Gbe intel x520

Randy S sim.ple at live.nl
Sat Apr 26 09:18:53 UTC 2014

I have seen a typo and text was not very readable, trying again:
Hi all,
Using an OI 151a7
I'm trying to turn off flowcontroll on an Intel X520-DA2 10Gbe nicI have put flow_control           = 0; in /kernel/drv/ixgbe.conf and also done:dladm set-linkprop -p flowctrl=no ixgbe0
results after reboot:
dladm show-ether -x ixgbe0
LINK            PTYPE    STATE    AUTO  SPEED-DUPLEX              PAUSEixgbe1          current  up       yes   10G-f                                  bi--                   capable  --       yes   1G-f,100M-f                     bi--                    adv      --         yes   1G-f                                      bi--              peeradv  --           no    --                                       none
dladm show-linkprop -p flowctrl ixgbe0LINK         PROPERTY        PERM VALUE          DEFAULT        POSSIBLEixgbe0       flowctrl        rw   no             no             no,tx,rx,bi

The second output seems ok, but the first puzzles me. Als the dladm command doesn't show any immediate effect, I think it doesn't work.
question on: can somebody clarify to me if flowcontrol is now turned off or not? And if not, what do I have to do to turn it off?
I know that there were issues with the ixgbe driver in OI151a7, can this have something todo with that? If this is solved in a9, how would I go about adding the a9 driver to this a7 system (if thats's possible).
Greetings,