[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenCSW repository

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 09:49:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

I recently tried to add the OpenCSW repository for OpenIndiana and found
that I had problems, after removing all sfe-encumbered and sfe packages
then the repositories it could be added.

# pkg set-publisher --non-sticky -O
http://sfe.opencsw.org//localhostoi151a8/ localhostoi151a8

I could then add VLC 2.1.1 which is great to use and plays DVDs well
though it takes a little time to before displays the dvd menu. When I
try to play an audio cd, it displays the following message "VLC is
unable to open the MRL 'cdda://c4t0d0s2/'. However checking with
RhythmBox the CD plays without a problem. How can I get VLC to play
Audio CDs as well?

TIA