[OpenIndiana-discuss] passwd changing trouble

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 10:34:19 UTC 2014

assuming that you can get root:

grep -c joe /etc/shadow /etc/passwd

grep -i passw /etc/pam.conf

# passwd command (explicit because of a different authentication module)
passwd    auth required        pam_passwd_auth.so.1
# Default definition for Password management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for password management
other    password required    pam_dhkeys.so.1
other    password requisite    pam_authtok_get.so.1
other    password requisite    pam_authtok_check.so.1
other    password required    pam_authtok_store.so.1

Jon