[OpenIndiana-discuss] passwd changing trouble

Brogyányi József brogyi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 15:12:43 UTC 2014

Hi Jon

Your answer was very close. Thank you. Somewhere I've read  I have to
modify the /etc/pam.conf file for samba user.
I checked on old server how did it so many years ago. I was wrong
because put long space/gap as you wrote and as who wrote that
configuration file.
Here are the two versions.

other password required pam_smb_passwd.so.1 nowarn ### This is a working
version.
other    password required     pam_smb_passwd.so.1 nowarn ### This is a
wrong version with lot unnecessary space/gap.

I don't know what does it mean but I have a working samba and I can
change the password. Thanks guys. :)
Brogyi