[OpenIndiana-discuss] paging any HP xw8600 users.. or knowledgeable others

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Aug 8 18:31:22 UTC 2014

Timothy Coalson <tsc5yc at mst.edu> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 10:52 PM, Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> I hope there are folks here who are using HP xw8600 servers.  Or are
>> knowledgable about them. (Timothy C? perhaps)
>>

> I haven't used the model, nor much HP stuff at all...I thought there was a
> reply from someone who had used one earlier...

Ahh right you are... you did say `A shot in the dark' but your reading
of the Aida64 report extracted much more from it than mine did.

I might have missed some hw8600 user in those threads... but looking
back... I'm either still missing it or it isn't on my server.

Apparently there are not a lot of OI users who are also hw8600 users.

Your input has been very helpful and I thank you for it.

I'm starting to think maybe I should just get an addon sata controller
that I understand a little better... It would not be hugely expensive
and I have plenty of slots open.