[OpenIndiana-discuss] gdm freezing

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 16:24:04 UTC 2014

Forgive my asking the obvious, but have you tried uninstalling them one at a time?

FWIW I just booted my Ultra 20 which I setup as an OI dev system w/ 151_a8.   The keyboard and mouse were both unresponsive briefly.  Not sure why, but I use a KVM switch so I see such behavior fairly often and am in the habit of just cycling thru the ports in response.  You might try removing and reconnecting the keyboard and mouse or using different ports and/or a different keyboard and mouse.  Connectors do fail and an intermittent can do a wonderful job of simulating a software fault.

I often see OI 151_a8 on my Giada N3  become non-responsive, but that appears to be a Firefox issue as restarting Firefox seems to cure it for a while.  Also I often have quite a few large PDF files open and iconified which chews up memory.

Reg