[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing ffmpeg on Hipster

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Mon Aug 18 02:54:45 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

Trying to install FFmpeg on a fresh OpenIndiana Hipster system and
running into problems.

First, I've installed Hipster (GUI) using the latest released USB image.
I've then run a pkg update, then post-reboot set the current Hipster
repository and run pkg update again. I've then added the sfe-encumbered
repository.

My current list of repositories:

root at mybox:~# pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
openindiana.org              origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/
sfe-encumbered              origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe-encumbered/

Now, when attempting to install ffmpeg, I run headlong into the following:

root at mybox:~# pkg install ffmpeg
Creating Plan (Running solver): |
pkg install: No solution was found to satisfy constraints

maintained incorporations:

pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/vpanels/vpanels-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T143753Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/cns/cns-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T142156Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/X/X-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-2014.0.1.0:20140528T075319Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/admin/admin-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-2014.0.1.0:20140528T075330Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/install/install-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-2014.0.1.942:20140527T181643Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/osnet/osnet-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-2014.1.2.14605:20140816T130033Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/nspg/nspg-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-2014.1.0.0:20140625T051110Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/sic_team/sic_team-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T143750Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/ub_javavm/ub_javavm-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T143751Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/solaris_re/solaris_re-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-2014.0.1.0:20140528T075738Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/hcts/hcts-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T142156Z
pkg://openindiana.org/consolidation/sunpro/sunpro-incorporation@0.5.11,5.11-2014.1.0.0:20140626T074614Z

Plan Creation: dependency error(s) in proposed packages:

   No suitable version of required package
pkg://sfe-encumbered/library/video/ffmpeg@0.8.5,5.11-0.151.1:20111015T234747Z
found:
     Reject:
pkg://sfe-encumbered/library/video/ffmpeg@0.8.5,5.11-0.151.1:20111015T234747Z
     Reason:  All versions matching 'require' dependency
pkg:/video/ffmpeg at 0.8.5,5.11-0.151.1 are rejected
       Reject:
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@0.8.5,5.11-0.151.1:20111023T194813Z
       Reason:  A version for 'require' dependency on pkg:/runtime/gcc
cannot be found
       Reject:
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@0.9.1,5.11-0.151.1:20120113T202746Z
       Reason:  A version for 'require' dependency on
pkg:/library/audio/alsa-lib cannot be found
       Reject:
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@0.11.1,5.11-0.151.1.5:20120814T194603Z
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@1.0,5.11-0.151.1.6:20120930T211046Z
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@1.0,5.11-0.151.1.7:20130209T132401Z
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@1.1,5.11-0.151.1.7:20130209T134239Z
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@1.1.2,5.11-0.151.1.7:20130209T182254Z
       Reason:  A version for 'require' dependency on
pkg:/library/video/libvpx at 1.1.0,5.11-0.151.1.5 cannot be found
       Reject:
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@1.2.3,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130928T115635Z
       Reason:  A version for 'require' dependency on
pkg:/library/video/libschroedinger at 1.0.11,5.11-0.151.1.5 cannot be found
       Reject:
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@2.1,5.11-0.151.1.8:20131110T201919Z
       Reason:  A version for 'require' dependency on
pkg:/library/video/libschroedinger at 1.0.11,5.11-0.151.1.8 cannot be found
       Reject:
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@2.1,5.11-0.151.1.8:20131111T064419Z
       Reason:  A version for 'require' dependency on
pkg:/sfe/system/library/gcc-runtime at 4.6.4,5.11-0.151.1.8 cannot be found
       Reject:
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@2.1,5.11-0.151.1.8:20131129T183620Z
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@2.1.1,5.11-0.151.1.9:20140130T204529Z
       Reason:  A version for 'require' dependency on
pkg:/library/video/libschroedinger at 1.0.11,5.11-0.151.1.8 cannot be found

Is there any trick I'm missing here to install ffmpeg cleanly on
Hipster, or do I have to manually attempt to install each dependency?
Any help appreciated :)

Cheers,
Dave

--