[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing ffmpeg on Hipster

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Tue Aug 19 05:04:32 UTC 2014

On 18/08/14 22:55, Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you might need /sfe repository as well (it probably contains other
> packages required by ffmpeg):
>
> sfe            (non-sticky) origin   online F
> http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/

Hi Predrag and Fred,

Thanks for replying – I now have my repositories set as follows:

PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
openindiana.org              origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-2014.1/
sfe-encumbered (non-sticky) origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe-encumbered/
sfe            (non-sticky) origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/

Installing ffmpeg (# pkg install ffmpeg) now completes without
dependency errors. I can see that the following version now installs:

# pkg info ffmpeg
           Name: video/ffmpeg
       Category: System/Multimedia Libraries
          State: Installed
      Publisher: sfe-encumbered
        Version: 2.1
         Branch: 0.151.1.8
Packaging Date: 29 November 2013 06:36:20 PM
           Size: 30.35 MB
           FMRI:
pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@2.1-0.151.1.8:20131129T183620Z

Attempting to run ffmpeg however now gives me this:

# ffmpeg
ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: libx264.so.138: open failed: No such file or
directory
ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/lib/pentium_pro+mmx/libavcodec.so.55: symbol x264_encoder_close:
referenced symbol not found
ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/bin/pentium_pro+mmx/ffmpeg: symbol avcodec_register_all: referenced
symbol not found

This is almost identical to the error message described on the mailing
lists in this thread:

http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2013-November/014477.html

I cannot for the life of me understand by what is meant by Udo's advice,
sic: /"...and then update again vi the versions tab (lower right tab)"./
Can someone please help clarify what to do here?

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Koelmeyer