[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installing ffmpeg on Hipster

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Tue Aug 19 06:53:12 UTC 2014

On 19/08/2014 07:04, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:

> On 18/08/14 22:55, Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> you might need /sfe repository as well (it probably contains other
>> packages required by ffmpeg):
>>
>> sfe            (non-sticky) origin   online F
>> http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/
> Attempting to run ffmpeg however now gives me this:
>
> # ffmpeg
> ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: libx264.so.138: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/lib/pentium_pro+mmx/libavcodec.so.55: symbol x264_encoder_close:
> referenced symbol not found
> ld.so.1: ffmpeg: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/bin/pentium_pro+mmx/ffmpeg: symbol avcodec_register_all: referenced
> symbol not found
>

> This is almost identical to the error message described on the mailing
> lists in this thread:
>
> http://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2013-November/014477.html
>
> I cannot for the life of me understand by what is meant by Udo's advice,
> sic: /"...and then update again vi the versions tab (lower right tab)"./
> Can someone please help clarify what to do here?

I myself can clarify this: It should be 'via' instead of 'vi'. The
packagemanager has a 'versions' tab on the bottom if you click on the
resp. software, and there you can select a version and update.

But you have to set sfe-encumbered to sticky, and set
'pkg set-publisher --search-before=sfe sfe-ecumbered',
otherwise it won't update to the newer version from there,
and then the mentioned procedure via the tab is not necessary
anymore, just update again.