[OpenIndiana-discuss] has print/lp changed how it works?

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 11:11:31 UTC 2014

fixed ...

for reference:

root at oracleapps:~# pkg install open-printing/lpd open-printing/ipp
           Packages to install:  3
       Create boot environment: No
Create backup boot environment: No

DOWNLOAD                                  PKGS       FILES    XFER (MB)
Completed                                  3/3       14/14      0.1/0.1

PHASE                                        ACTIONS
Install Phase                                132/132

PHASE                                          ITEMS
Package State Update Phase                       3/3
Image State Update Phase                         2/2

root at oracleapps:~# lpadmin -x aircopier
root at oracleapps:~# lpset -a bsdaddr=aircopier,lp aircopier
root at oracleapps:~# lpstat -t
scheduler is not running
no system default destination
system for aircopier: aircopier (as lpd://aircopier/printers/lp)
aircopier accepting requests since Wed Aug 20 12:12:29 2014
printer aircopier disabled since Wed Aug 20 12:12:29 2014. available.
        LPD: No Jobs on this queue