[OpenIndiana-discuss] Persistent permissions

Dormition Skete (Hotmail) dormitionskete at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 19:30:19 UTC 2014

Why do you have two “g:”’s in there?

It should be user (u), group (g), and other (o).

Here are some examples from what I have used.

setfacl -R -m g::rwx /home/Documents
setfacl -R -m o::0 /home/Documents

I’m no expert at this, either, but it looks to me like you’re trying to set the group to two different things with the same command.

I think what you are trying for is this:

setfacl -m u:myguest:rwx,d:g:guest:rwx guest

I have to run right now, though.  I’m sorry.

I hope this helps.

fp