[OpenIndiana-discuss] What encryption options are available? [b 151_9]

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Aug 26 13:24:53 UTC 2014

Looking around for a simple to use and setup file encryption setup for
oi.

My googling succeded in thoroughly confusing the heck out of me, and
it appears the systems available are long drawn out complex affairs
and even that may not be part of OI.

Hopefully I've gotten it all wrong.
I'd hoped for something as simple as `encfs', then read that encryption
was now built into zfs.  But then it appears not to be so for oi?

Can anyone spell out what is available to use on OI 151_9 in the way
of really basic encryption?

I'm basically only looking for something that would baffle script
kiddies.  I don't expect to be attacked by serious players.