[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun ssh no work with recent OpenSSH

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Dec 26 23:02:14 UTC 2014

Running b 151_a9

How can I tweak:
pkg:/network/ssh at 0.5.11-0.151.1.9

So that it will work with newly released versions of OpenSSH?

Currently I see this error:
ssh gv (`gv' is a gentoo linux box running openssh-6.7_p1-r3)

,----
|   no common kex alg: client 'diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1', server 'curve25519-sha256 at libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1'
`----
They can find no common Kex algorithm.

>From what I understand, newer versions of OpenSSH have changed which
algorithms it allows, and has pulled some of older less secure algo
out of service.

So apparently `Sun ssh' cannot find a an agreeable algorithm to
cooperate with OpenSSH.

I could not get enough of an idea from `man ssh' to see a way to get
past this.

Is it possible to add algorithms to our ssh?  Assume for a moment that
I don't have root on gentoo box.  How could I make our ssh work with
it?