[OpenIndiana-discuss] Sun ssh no work with recent OpenSSH

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 09:41:27 UTC 2014

On 12/27/14 12:02 AM, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Running b 151_a9
>
> How can I tweak:
> pkg:/network/ssh at 0.5.11-0.151.1.9
>
> So that it will work with newly released versions of OpenSSH?
>
> Currently I see this error:
> ssh gv (`gv' is a gentoo linux box running openssh-6.7_p1-r3)
>
> ,----
> |   no common kex alg: client 'diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1', server 'curve25519-sha256 at libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1'
> `----
> They can find no common Kex algorithm.
man ssh ?
I see there is OpenSSH on SFE:
pkg:/network/openssh at 6.2.2-0.151.1.8
sfe                         origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/
sfe-encumbered              origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe-encumbered/
I also think SFE accept contributions toward updating packages or could
be built and installed locally.

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Spec+Files+Extra+Repository
http://pkgbuild.sourceforge.net/spec-files-extra/

Try also asking at illumos-discuss since there were some talks of
killing sunssh (that unfortunately also kills Sun SPARC optimisations)
and using OpenSSH.
http://web.archive.org/web/20120512191020/http://www.filibeto.org/~aduritz/truetrue/solaris10/security/ssh/sunssh-012008-062009_public.pdf

Or try asking server admin of machine you are connecting to, to
configure machine so it could be used.