[OpenIndiana-discuss] (no subject)

kyaphas wells kyaphas at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 9 01:16:15 UTC 2014

I was going to, but then some research on the port error suggested a failing drive. More googling pointed me in this direction;

@media01:~$ iostat -en
---- errors ---
s/w h/w trn tot device
0   0   0   0 ext500G
0   0   0   0 fd0
0   0   0   0 rpool1
0   0   0   0 c3t0d0
0   5   0   5 c2t0d0
0   0   0   0
 c3t1d0
0 319   0 319 c5t0d0

So I went ahead and picked up a replacement drive and it just finished resilvering. Before starting the replacement, I tried accessing the array with the questionable drive offlined, and it was fine. No hangs.

I'm going to run a backup tomorrow then another scrub. Actually, I'm going to automate my scrubs from now on. :)