[OpenIndiana-discuss] Low low end server

Brogyányi József brogyi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 13:37:18 UTC 2014

Volker

I'd like to give you some suggestions.
First the "zpool list -v" is useless code if you want to know the free
space.
You try this:zfs list. You can see the real space on your server.
Another useless thing is when you sliced your SSD and put on
rpool,cache,log.
If you want to increase your performance use standalone SSD for log and
another for cache.
My experience is about rpool not sensitive for the drive speed. I use a
very slow disk for rpool and I've not notice any server performance
decrease.
But I have to say the booting time is slow and when I want to login that
is not very comfortable.
This slow things not effect any running service and copy speed from RAID.
These was a beginner experiences.
Have nice day.

Regards
Brogyi