[OpenIndiana-discuss] Powerloss protected SSDs for ...Re: Low low end server

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Feb 10 21:58:03 UTC 2014

> Why not Intel 320 series? Also 710 series work fine for this, for a
> bit more $$ and a bit more speed. The 320 are not as fast as the
> S3700 or S3500 but they are a LOT less expensive.

This thread started out as a discussion of the merits of the HP N54L
microserver for home use.  I am not really sure if a home server needs
mirrored battery-protected SSDs.  :-)

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"