[OpenIndiana-discuss] fuiture small expansion of raidz1 possible?

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Tue Feb 11 17:44:49 UTC 2014

I think I just decided to not go too far in saving that last cent...
(Can't say "dollar" in Europe, but "cent" is as european as raspberry
pie... :-) ) so I'll buy 3 new disks, split the original mirror to get a
4th and leave the original other mirror half as extra storage for my
login/desktop server after migrating the data.
Or maybe even buy a 4th disk outright.

Seagate NAS 5900 rpm disks are reasonably cheap.