[OpenIndiana-discuss] mount ext2/3

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 28 07:48:53 UTC 2014

PÁSZTOR György wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What did I do wrong?
> I added the sfe repo: pkg set-publisher -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe
> I installed fuse-ext2 package: pkg install fuse-ext2
>
> Then it complained about the missing libfuse.so, so I installed them too:
> pkg install libfuse fusefs
>
> It still complained, and then I did pkg remove, and pkg install for the
> fuse-ext2 package: didn't helped
> BTW: Are there any similar thing here, like the ldconfig command in
> linux, which updates the symlinks, etc, and the /etc/ld.so.conf file, which
> describes the directories, where should the dynamic linker find so's other
> then /lib and /usr/lib?

libfuse.so is the library used by the user space file systems.
It is of no use if you do not have the fuse kernel module.
I do not know whether the fuse-ext2 package contains both the
kernel part and the user space part. Check whether you have
/usr/kernel/drv/amd64/fuse and/or /usr/kernel/drv/fuse

The latest kernel module is available on
http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/openindiana-ntfs-3g.html
but I have not tested it for use with ext2/ext3

Jean-Pierre