[OpenIndiana-discuss] mount ext2/3

PÁSZTOR György pasztor at linux.gyakg.u-szeged.hu
Fri Feb 28 10:14:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

"Jean-Pierre André" <jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr> írta 2014-02-28 08:48-kor:
> PÁSZTOR György wrote:
> >What did I do wrong?
> >I added the sfe repo: pkg set-publisher -p http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe
> >I installed fuse-ext2 package: pkg install fuse-ext2
> >
> >Then it complained about the missing libfuse.so, so I installed them too:
> >pkg install libfuse fusefs
> >
> >It still complained, and then I did pkg remove, and pkg install for the
> >fuse-ext2 package: didn't helped
> >BTW: Are there any similar thing here, like the ldconfig command in
> >linux, which updates the symlinks, etc, and the /etc/ld.so.conf file, which
> >describes the directories, where should the dynamic linker find so's other
> >then /lib and /usr/lib?
>
> libfuse.so is the library used by the user space file systems.
> It is of no use if you do not have the fuse kernel module.
> I do not know whether the fuse-ext2 package contains both the
> kernel part and the user space part. Check whether you have
> /usr/kernel/drv/amd64/fuse and/or /usr/kernel/drv/fuse

Fuse works ok:
I created a zvol, exported on iSCSI, mapped from a W7 machine, partitioned,
formatted, copied some files onto it, unexported, then dd -d the partition
into a file, then mounted that, then copied the files from there, copied
another files to there, umount, dd-d back the partition with the proper
offset, exported again, and the W7 machine saw the new files, etc.
So, I didn't take a very deep check, but mount, and some basic read and
write operations surely work with ntfs-3g.

BTW.: Do someone know a best practice to access a partition in an image?
I googled a lot about that, and there were a plan to add an extra option to
lofiadm, and there you could gave a specific offset, but at least the
OI/Solaris line of lofiadm don't support that yet. As far as I could
conclude that, that feature was never implemented.

I tried to build a newer fuse-ext2, and downloaded 0.0.7 from
http://alperakcan.net/?open=projects&project=fuse-ext2
But It didn't worked. e2fsprogs had some errors on the beggining, but I
left it out, and just tried to build the fuse-ext2 part... I added some
include into fuse-ext2.h (fuse.h -> fuse/fuse.h, fcntl.h, sys/types.h,
sys/stat.h, strings.h, unistd.h), and most of the compiler errors gone,
but op_readdir.c still tried to use some macros/constants (DT_REG, DT_DIR,
etc.) which I can't provide.

Better ideas?

Regards,
György