[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fw: Forgot Zone Root Password, Redirect X inside Zone, Reinstall Zone

Handojo handoyog at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 11:48:12 UTC 2014

Can't you just zlogin as root from the global zone? Then you can run
passwd and set up a new root password.

I have to log in as root in order to run zlogin

and I can't run : zlogin -l root <zonename>
the reply was : Login incorrect

So the only option is to run : zlogin -C <zonename>

But since I removed the password field of user root on /mypool/root/etc/shadow
into : root::6445::::::

when I login to the zone, it says : pam_authtok_get: login: empty password not allowed for root from localhost

I wonder why anybody else can zlogin as root with the password taken out, while I can't

Regards,

Hans