[OpenIndiana-discuss] Upgrade Conflicts with 151a9

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Wed Jan 22 10:33:46 UTC 2014

On 22/01/2014 2:15 PM, Ray Butler wrote:
> Hello Experts,
>
> Attemping to upgrade my home server to 151a9 today and I'm getting several
> conflicts which apparently are due to my using the legacy repo. Any way to
> get around this other than a reinstall? Thanks in advance.\\

I'm seeing the same problem :

The Illumos Project     SunOS 5.11      illumos-5d539a8 July 2013
root at hostie:~# pkg image-update --be-name oi_151a9
Creating Plan |
pkg update: The requested change to the system attempts to install
multiple acti
ons
for link 'usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0' with conflicting attributes:

     1 package delivers 'link path=usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0
target=lib
gdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0.2000.1':

pkg://openindiana.org/library/desktop/gtk2@2.20.1,5.11-0.151.1.8:2013040
6T215741Z
     1 package delivers 'link path=usr/lib/libgdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0
target=lib
gdk_pixbuf_xlib-2.0.so.0.2200.1':

pkg://openindiana.org/library/desktop/gdk-pixbuf@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.9:2
0140117T202422Z

These packages may not be installed together.  Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

.
.
.

all for pkg://openindiana.org/library/desktop/gdk-pixbuf@

I upgraded hipster to 151a8 without this issue

My publishers :

pkg publisher
PUBLISHER                             TYPE     STATUS   URI
openindiana.org                       origin   online
http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev/
opensolaris.org                       origin   online
http://pkg.openindiana.org/legacy/
sfe                                   origin   online
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/

Does anyone here have a handholding howto to fix this?  Can I just get
rid of the gdk-pixbuf package and if so, how?

thanks!

Carl