[OpenIndiana-discuss] Workaround for Flash issue

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Fri Jan 24 15:00:38 UTC 2014

On 24/01/2014 15:39, Jonathan Adams wrote:
> I was wondering if you can LD_PRELOAD the flashplayer in order to get it to
> load the objects in the correct order ... but I have neither the skills or
> the knowledge to test this out.

I've wasted days of experimenting with that, but I found no
solution. Neither LD_LIBRARY_PATH nor all permutations in LD_PRELOAD_32
of current and a7 libraries from all the various places (esp.
/usr/X11/lib/NVIDIA/ where libvdpau.so lives, which was one hot candidate)
showed any working combination apart from random success. I'm now
thinking about the special role of adobes flash site, we also have a
employee TV here which can take that role, so it seems it has
something to do with the special kind of video presented (maybe they
need no .swz RSL, static videos which trigger a special order in
which libraries are loaded ? ).
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php