[OpenIndiana-discuss] Workaround for Flash issue

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Jan 24 15:08:05 UTC 2014

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:

> On 24/01/2014 15:39, Jonathan Adams wrote:
>> I was wondering if you can LD_PRELOAD the flashplayer in order to get it to
>> load the objects in the correct order ... but I have neither the skills or
>> the knowledge to test this out.
>>
> I've wasted days of experimenting with that, but I found no
> solution. Neither LD_LIBRARY_PATH nor all permutations in LD_PRELOAD_32

Did you also experiment with LD_BIND_NOW?

Given that a working installation still exists, it is likely possible
to track each lazy symbol being bound on demand in addition to when
.so files get loaded.  Fortified with this info, there is more
possibility of the needle being found in the haystack.

In addition to a "threading issue" there might be a duplicate symbol
issue where the same symbol is offered by multiple libraries and
access order influences which symbol is actually used.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn