[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 1.8 /dev: need help (missing feature for read 'org.illumos:lz4_compress')

Aneurin Price aneurin.price at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 14:54:00 UTC 2014

On 27 January 2014 10:05, Saso Kiselkov <skiselkov.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then the USB is broken and is trying to boot your disks, not the USB
> (it's probably confusing the two also). You could also try using the
> OmniOS USB - it's possible the OI GRUB stage2 is outdated and the
> shipped version doesn't include LZ4 support (would be surprised, but
> better make sure).

It definitely does on the ISO version (and has done for at least a few
months) - I used an OI disc to solve this problem myself a while back.
Unfortunately I don't recall the precise steps I followed, so I can't
give any specific help other than to confirm that it is possible to
solve the problem by booting from the OI disc and reinstalling grub
from there.