[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI 1.8 /dev: need help (missing feature for read 'org.illumos:lz4_compress')

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mon Jan 27 14:56:10 UTC 2014

On 01/27/14 03:54 PM, Aneurin Price wrote:
> On 27 January 2014 10:05, Saso Kiselkov <skiselkov.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then the USB is broken and is trying to boot your disks, not the USB
>> (it's probably confusing the two also). You could also try using the
>> OmniOS USB - it's possible the OI GRUB stage2 is outdated and the
>> shipped version doesn't include LZ4 support (would be surprised, but
>> better make sure).
>>

> It definitely does on the ISO version (and has done for at least a few
> months) - I used an OI disc to solve this problem myself a while back.
> Unfortunately I don't recall the precise steps I followed, so I can't
> give any specific help other than to confirm that it is possible to
> solve the problem by booting from the OI disc and reinstalling grub
> from there.

Thanks, I know ste (once i have booted it from DVD).
Regards.

--
Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

Those who are mentally and emotionally healthy are those who have
learned when to say yes, when to say no and when to say whoopee. -- W.S.
Krabill