[OpenIndiana-discuss] NFS

Edward Ned Harvey (openindiana) openindiana at nedharvey.com
Thu Jan 30 14:57:14 UTC 2014

For now, I'm just trying to make it work.  Later I can make it automount or whatever, so at present, it goes like this:

(On server)
sudo zfs set sharenfs=rw=@10.10.10.14/32,root=@10.10.10.14/32 storage/ad1

(on ubuntu 10.04 client)
root at orion:~# mount -v -t nfs storage1:/storage/ad1 /mnt
mount.nfs: timeout set for Thu Jan 30 09:01:24 2014
mount.nfs: text-based options: 'addr=10.10.10.13'
mount.nfs: mount(2): Input/output error
mount.nfs: mount system call failed

Since that didn't work, I try with ESXi 5.5 client, I repeat, eliminating the @ symbols, eliminating the /32, and putting them back in there...  Set the versions as follows:
sudo sharectl set -p server_versmax=3 nfs
sudo svcadm refresh  svc:/network/nfs/server:default

Retry all the variations of set sharenfs and repeat trying to mount...  Still nothing works...

I wondered if maybe I have firewall enabled on the server.  So I used "nc" and "telnet" from the client to confirm the port is open.  (111 and 2049).  No problem.

The only thing that *does* work:  When I have the 151a7 box mount the 151a9 box using nfs v4, then it works.  But if I reduce the server and client both to v3, then even THEY fail to mount too.