[OpenIndiana-discuss] Static IP problem

Michelle Knight michelle at msknight.com
Sun Jul 6 16:47:13 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

I've installed 151a8 text server but I'm having problems with my notes
to change to static IP and my searches of the web are turning up
nothing different ... but I'm obviously missing something.

svcadm disable svc:/network/physical:nwam
svcadm enable svc:/network/physical:default
cp /etc/nsswitch.dns /etc/nsswitch.conf
ipadm create-addr -T static -a 192.168.0.2/24 bge0/v4
svcadm restart svc:/network/physical:default
route -p add default 192.168.0.1

...however bge0 is still showing as disabled.  (obviously the route
fails because it can't reach the network)

Any ideas on what I've missed please?