[OpenIndiana-discuss] Static IP problem

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 14:05:17 UTC 2014

My experience:

I had an Illumos box that after about 4 weeks just lost it's IP address
when it was set to be dynamic, no matter what I did ... My colleagues used
to just reboot it to fix the issue.

It wasn't the server, it wasn't (in this case) the network card misbehaving
(bge0), I believe that if I restarted the service it recovered.

I set it to a static IP (nwam enabled, ipadm create-addr) and the box has
remained stable ever since.

Jon