[OpenIndiana-discuss] a question of oi OS on ssd

Brogyányi József brogyi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 21:04:36 UTC 2014

I do not recommend to use it. My experiences are same what I read this site:

http://breden.org.uk/2009/09/02/home-fileserver-handling-pool-errors/

The SSD produced an error under only one week. I do not wan to use daily
scrub and clear the zpool error. My SSD was Samsung SSD 830 not OCZ.
First I tried USB stick mirror. It worked for 6 months. Now I use HDD
mirror for rpool. I've not seen any error that mirror rpool.
For me it is very important the error free working OS. It is important
than the speed. This was my own opinion but u can use what you want. :)

Brogyi