[OpenIndiana-discuss] What Do I Have To Install To Get A GUI ?

jay at m5.chicago.il.us jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Wed Jul 16 01:07:50 UTC 2014

The answer to the question is "desktop-cache" (and please forgive me
if the question has already been answered; when I joined this mailing
list a few hours ago, I requested that the postings be bundled up into
digests and emailed to me once daily).  I am still bemused that the
package manager can be told to install gdm, and gnome/*, and
gnome-terminal (which, parenthetically, is not installed when you
install gnome/*, and that is very odd) and fail to figure out, through
all of that, that desktop-cache must also be installed.

How to enable CTRL-ALT-BS and how to enable CTRL-ALT-F2 thru -F6 are
two questions that remain unanswered, as of this writing.

			Jay F. Shachter
			6424 N Whipple St
			Chicago IL  60645-4111
				(1-773)7613784   landline
				(1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
				jay at m5.chicago.il.us
				http://m5.chicago.il.us

			"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"