[OpenIndiana-discuss] libgnomeprintui-2.2

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Jul 23 01:35:08 UTC 2014

On 07/22/14 07:44 AM, Ron Dawson wrote:
> This is more of a Solaris 11 question than an OI question, but perhaps
> someone can help out.
>
> I've been trying to move an application from an old Solaris 10 SPARC V440
> server to a newer T4 Sparc server running Solaris 11.1.  The application
> has a libgnomeprintui-2.2 dependency.  I have libgnomeprintui on all of my
> Solaris 10 (SPARC) systems and also on OI (x86) where I can recompile the
> application.  I haven't had any luck finding libgnomeprintui-2.2 on Solaris
> 11.1 (SPARC).
>
> Has support for this library been dropped or am I just missing the correct
> set of packages?  I couldn't find anything at all related to Gnome or GTK
> printing in the package manager.

Support for it was dropped before Solaris 11 shipped - according to the writeup
from the GNOME team when they removed it:

            The last version of GNOME that included libgnomeprint or
            libgnomeprintui in the GNOME Platform was GNOME 2.10.  These long
            deprecated interfaces are no longer supported by the GNOME community
            and print interfaces have been migrated to the GTK+ library.
            The Desktop team plans to remove these interfaces and applications
            should now be using the more robust GTK+ based print interfaces.

Solaris 11 includes GNOME 2.30, which is 10 full releases past GNOME 2.10.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com