[OpenIndiana-discuss] libgnomeprintui-2.2

Ron Dawson ron.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 04:26:44 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:35 PM, Alan Coopersmith <
alan.coopersmith at oracle.com> wrote:

> Support for it was dropped before Solaris 11 shipped - according to the
> writeup
> from the GNOME team when they removed it:
>
>            The last version of GNOME that included libgnomeprint or
>            libgnomeprintui in the GNOME Platform was GNOME 2.10.  These
> long
>            deprecated interfaces are no longer supported by the GNOME
> community
>            and print interfaces have been migrated to the GTK+ library.
>            The Desktop team plans to remove these interfaces and
> applications
>            should now be using the more robust GTK+ based print interfaces.
>
> Solaris 11 includes GNOME 2.30, which is 10 full releases past GNOME 2.10.

Thanks.  I figured as much after I poked around the net after posting my
question.  I guess we'll have to bite the bullet and rework our printing
code to use the GTK+ print interfaces, that or sticking with Solaris 10
when running this application on SPARC.

- Ron