[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI: how to play webm video (e.g which player to use?)

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] Predrag.Zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Wed Jul 23 15:04:26 UTC 2014

Hi,

i am faced with problem of playing webm video on OI (currently /hipster-2014.1)

I CAN do it with firefox (it plays, but it hiccups - not really smooth playback is possible, either from file or from http)

I have tried 'totem' and got :

** Message: Missing plugin: gstreamer|0.10|totem|VP8 decoder|decoder-video/x-vp8 (VP8 decoder)
** Message: Automatic missing codec installation not supported (helper script missing)

mplayer2 form /sfe doesn't work, mplayer1 from /sfe could play it, but I am not sure, because I had to remove it because wanted to
use VLC from http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhostoi151a8/

Anything else I could try?

Regards.
--
Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!