[OpenIndiana-discuss] booting HP xw8600 from ISO

Bryan N Iotti ironsides.medvet at runbox.com
Wed Jul 23 18:38:56 UTC 2014

The problem with installing in IDE mode and switching to AHCI later is that disks change numbering schemes, from c0d0s* (controller - disk - slice) to c0t0d0s* (controller - target - disk - slice). In some systems that messes with grub's ability to find rpool (if I remember right, please chime in if I'm wrong).

A handy thing to avoid this issue in your case might be either the USB version of OI install or a USB CDROM drive...

At that point you can set the BIOS correctly and just forget about the disappearing CD issue.

Bryan

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.