[OpenIndiana-discuss] Root access to home directories

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Jun 3 17:41:31 UTC 2014

3 июня 2014 г. 19:37:07 CEST, James Carlson <carlsonj at workingcode.com> пишет:
>On 06/03/14 13:26, david boutcher wrote:
>> The other day my hard disk became completely full due to a home
>directory with some massive files.
>>
>> This caused the server to fail to boot properly and only allowed me
>into maintenance mode as root
>>
>> I was unable to navigate to the home directories as root to delete
>stuff. How could I achieve this?
>
>There's a lot of detail missing here -- error messages, commands used,
>and so on -- but "zfs mount -a" might possibly be part of the specific
>question that you're asking.

Yes, that is also a likely explanation - without the home datasets mounted (or perhaps even without their secondary pool imported) it is hard to navigate into them ;)
Still, zfs and svc errors would be welcome.
An overflown rpool might fail to update the boot-archive upon reboot, for example...

Hth,
//Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android