[OpenIndiana-discuss] Case sensitivity "mixed" vs "sensitive"

Cal Sawyer cal-s at blue-bolt.com
Sun Jun 8 10:06:20 UTC 2014

Thanks for your responses, Rich and John

In my examples, i was creating *only *new files and directories.

Further investigation shows that any dataset i create w/o specifying
casesensitivity=sensitive during zfs create defaults to "insensitive",
although the pool itself is case sensitive.  Is this intended behaviour and
if so why?

What a drag ... live and learn, huh? :)

regards,

- cal