[OpenIndiana-discuss] comstar targets dying randomly

Pawel Stefanski pejotes at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 19:00:51 UTC 2014

hello

You should monitor number of running stmf tasks versus number of stmf
(comstar) processes. We had such issues - once we hited max number of
processes and second time - there was a bug regarding stmf process pool
scaling (but I think it's Nexenta specific, not Illumos).

keys to observe:
echo stmf_cur_ntasks/D | mdb -k # number of currently serving tasks

echo stmf_nworkers_cur/D | mdb -k # number of running workers

best regards!
--
pawel