[OpenIndiana-discuss] Network statistics

Anders Mundt Due amd at pd-house.dk
Wed Mar 12 22:04:38 UTC 2014

On 12 Mar, Gary Gendel wrote:
> I'm using OpenIndiana in a box that performs as a router/firewall to my SOHO
> (among lots of other services).  I was thinking of using mrtg to collect
> network statistics but snmp is an area that I'm unfamiliar with.  I
> experimented and I could find an external router and collect statistics from
> that, but I couldn't figure out how to do this on the internal router.  Has
> anyone done something similar and have pointers to get me going?  Thanks.

I'm currently using observium to graph some network equipment allready,
so I let it loose on an openindiana after installing the snmp pkg. It
seems to get a good view on cpu load, network, memory and other thigs.

Something doesn't look right with the zfs mounts, but that's probably
fixable :-)

It gets as I would expect only what's available to the global zone,
since it's a server running a few qemu-kvm servers they need to be
gathered up seperately.

/Anders