[OpenIndiana-discuss] /hipster: again conflicting packages [orc library]

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Mar 18 07:45:00 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I need help: this morning tried to update my /hipster OI
(illumos-1cfc4fb), and got this:

pkg://openindiana.org/developer/orc@0.4.17,5.11-2014.0.0.0:20140225T205246Z
   pkg://sfe/system/library/orc@0.4.16,5.11-0.151.1.5:20120806T214221Z

These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

If I try to remove sfe/system/library/orc it shows:
$ pfexec pkg uninstall -vn  pkg://sfe/system/library/orc
Creating Plan (Solver setup): /pkg uninstall: Cannot remove
'pkg://sfe/system/library/orc@0.4.16,5.11-0.151.1.5:20120806T214221Z'
due to the following packages that depend on it:

pkg://sfe/library/video/libschroedinger@1.0.11,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130901T165124Z

$ pfexec pkg uninstall -vn  pkg://sfe/system/library/orc
pkg://sfe/library/video/libschroedinger
Creating Plan (Solver setup): -pkg uninstall: Cannot remove
'pkg://sfe/library/video/libschroedinger@1.0.11,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130901T165124Z'
due to the following packages that depend on it:
   pkg://sfe-encumbered/media/mplayer@1.1.1,5.11-0.151.1.8:20131129T185446Z
   pkg://sfe-encumbered/video/ffmpeg@2.1,5.11-0.151.1.8:20131129T183620Z

I do not want to remove mplayer! It is only multimedia player I have now
working properly (check bug https://www.illumos.org/issues/4261 which is
closed, although problem is NOT solved):
$ audioctl list-devices
audiohd#1
audiohd#0

So, neither player will not work, because audiohd#1 is NVIDIA HDMI
output and I do not have speakers attached to it.

My publishers (tried to set sfe-encumbered 'non-sticky' too - made no
difference):
$ pkg publisher -a
PUBLISHER                   TYPE     STATUS P LOCATION
openindiana.org              origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/
sfe-encumbered              origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe-encumbered/
sfe            (non-sticky) origin   online F
http://pkg.openindiana.org/sfe/

So, is there any option to just REPLACE one package with other (since it
is similar version)?

Or, how I can solve problem, w/o need to remove mplayer package?

Regards.
--
Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

Those who can, do; those who can't, simulate.