[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox 28.0 still broken for me - Re: Firefox can't save files

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.cc
Tue Mar 25 01:49:34 UTC 2014

This has kind of quieted down, and I am wondering if others are still seeing
this issue, or if it has resolved itself.

I just upgraded from 27 to 28.0, and made an attempt to download a new copy of
thunderbird.  For me, nothing has changed, from the download window, it is
indicated that the download has failed.  This is the actual state things are
left in:

429 % ls -l thunderbird-24.4.0*
-rw-r--r--   1 jkemp    users          0 Mar 24 20:40
thunderbird-24.4.0.en-US.opensolaris-i386-pkg.bz2
-rw-r--r--   1 jkemp    users    41827856 Mar 24 20:40
thunderbird-24.4.0.en-US.opensolaris-i386-pkg.bz2.part
430 %

Note, in this download, I downloaded to my home directory, vs /tmp .

Also, FWIW, I also did a reboot on my box, it had been up for several months,
not that that really mattered.

431 % cat /etc/release
              OpenIndiana Development oi_151.1.7 X86 (powered by illumos)
         Copyright 2011 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
                         Use is subject to license terms.
                            Assembled 03 October 2012
432 %

Helpful comments appreciated,