[OpenIndiana-discuss] DHCPMGR on hipster

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Sat May 3 16:39:11 UTC 2014

2 мая 2014 г. 16:34:32 CEST, Stefan Everhartz <x11max at unitybox.de> пишет:

>Pls. check dhcpsvc.conf file in /etc/inet.
>
>What's in RESOURCE keyword ?
>
>DAEMON_ENABLED=TRUE
>RESOURCE=SUNWfiles
>RUN_MODE=server
>PATH=/var/dhcp
>CONVER=1
>LOGGING_FACILITY=0
>VERBOSE=FALSE
>ICMP_VERIFY=TRUE
>
>SUNWfiles stores the data in ascii files, SUNWbinfiles in binary files.
>
>See which files are in /var/dhcp.
>

>On 02.05.2014, at 15:57, Jonathan Adams <t12nslookup at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not urgent, just came to use the dhcp on my hipster box and found I
>> couldn't start it ...
>>
>> and when I run "dhtadm -P" I get a strange message:
>>
>> root at jadlaptop:~# dhtadm -P
>> dhtadm: SUNWbinfiles is not a valid resource.
>>
>> I understand that it's effectively deprecated, but does anyone know
>where I
>> can get my SUNWbinfiles from? :)
>>
>> Jon
>
>Mit herzlichen Grüßen
>Yours faithfully, Best wishes
>
>Stefan Everhartz

This was discussed on the list - indeed, something in hipster seems to have broken old sun dhcp server, it complains for both resource types. Both command-line tools, java cli and gui, and server daemon are all broken.
So far nobody got to the bottom of the breakage: (
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android