[OpenIndiana-discuss] [developer] HBA recommended except LSI and ARECA

Laurent Blume laurent+oi at elanor.org
Mon May 5 15:30:50 UTC 2014

Le 2014/05/05 17:22 +0200, Fred Liu a écrit:
>> [Fred]: I also heard of this HBA. It has 4 ports as max and very limited
>> bus bandwidth

Well, hey, consumer! :-)

> [Fred]: you have good luck! :-)

哈哈,真的很好运阿!

I did have issues, the usual failing disks and stuff, but there's been
no datalose, and nothing unexpected, I've done firmware upgrades on
cards and disks with relative ease, so I'm good.

As supported in the Solaris world for a prosumer use, I'd say the LSI
SAS2 devices are amongst the best ROI those days. And seriously, if you
plan to connect 8 drives there, the cost of one HBA card is not much
compared to the disks, the enclosure, the cables...

Laurent